Fintech Cadence is Canada’s Fintech Hub. We are a non-profit organization that is developing Canada’s future fintech leaders through our various programs. Founded in 2017, we are the only organization in Canada focused on supporting early-stage fintech startups. Operating at the grassroots level, we are the connection point between various stakeholders and the first touch point for those who wish to innovate in the financial services industry.
About the role
As Head of Marketing, your role will be to lead all aspects of marketing and communications at Fintech Cadence. A dream candidate will have high energy and the motivation to help the Fintech Cadence team build a stronger fintech hub in Canada. You will be the one responsible for developing and implementing strategies to create awareness around our brand, run campaigns to recruit participants for our various programs and events, and assist other departments with their communication needs.
The ideal candidate is a team player that knows how to be autonomous and can adapt very quickly to new situations. You will be at the forefront of what is happening in financial technology and the first point of contact for fintech startups interested in our services. You will be the one communicating with our community of 13,000+ people and making sure they are engaged throughout the year.
With high aptitude and passion for learning this position will allow you to grow rapidly in Montreal’s technology ecosystem. If you are willing to learn about new technologies and help our company grow, this job is for you.
Please note, due to Covid-19, Fintech Cadence is working remotely.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee the marketing strategy for Fintech Cadence
- Manage marketing analytics (social media, web).
- Oversee and create content for external communication across all channels.
- Coordinate communication and build relationships with startups in the ecosystem to build leads for our programs.
- Responsible for recruitment of participants for our programs and events.
- Oversee implementation and updating (where necessary) of branding guidelines across all programs, events and platforms.
- Build collaborative partnerships with community partners such as incubators, startups, financial institutions, student clubs and etc. to support in marketing initiatives.
- Lead our content efforts (with support of the marketing team when applicable), including developing and managing a content calendar, posting on our main social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), as well as developing our newsletter.
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on marketing activities and results.
- Stay on top of marketing trends and platforms, analyzing potential of prospective marketing tools.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who is a team player, a marketing generalist, multitasker, communicative, and who can take initiative. We operate in a high paced environment under agile and lean startup methodology. We want someone who is hungry to learn and grow. Other key attributes that we are looking for:
- BA in marketing and/or 2-4 years marketing experience – digital & traditional, PR, events and social media.
- Being a team player (we really mean it!).
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and fintech.
- Ability to coordinate with external contractors including graphic designers, media outlets etc.
- Experience in developing content for digital channels, including websites, email campaigns, and social media.
- Willingness to learn new skills and software.
- Previous work and familiarity with CRMs is an asset.
- Experience with online events.
- Experience with digital marketing tools*
- Experience with website management tools*
- Plus/Bonus skills:
- Bilingualism (FR/ENG)
- Public speaking and moderating
- Design experience
- Work in a previous fintech startup and/or fintech ecosystem
What you can expect
- You will work alongside a passionate team that is driven and dedicated.
- Work in a fast paced work environment.
- Meet and network with key stakeholders through our activities.
- Support our team with our programs & events.
*Fintech Cadence’s Marketing Tech Stack
Includes but is not limited to:
- Wordpress + Elementor
- Google Analytics + Ads
- LinkedIn, Facebook Ads
Deadline to apply: April 26th end of day. Interviews will be on-going.